IIE is committed to the management of its business to the highest Safety and Health standards. It is the policy of IIE to comply with all national and European Safety, Health and Welfare legislation, standards and codes of practice.
· Ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the Safety, Health and Welfare of all employees whilst at work and to provide such information, instruction, training and supervision needed for this purpose;
· Ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the Safety, Health and Welfare of those persons not employed by IIE who may be affected by IIE activities;
· Consult with all employees on matters of Health and Safety;
· Communicate the Safety Statement to all employees and communicate essential elements of the Safety Statement to contractors through Health and Safety induction or management communication ;
· Communicate the Safety rules to all visitors on arrival on site;
· Provide a safe place of work, safe means of access and egress, safe plant, equipment and machinery and safe systems of work;
· Provide suitable protective clothing and equipment where hazards cannot be eliminated;
· Prepare and revise emergency plans;
· Designate staff having emergency duties;
· Carry out risk assessments, as appropriate, for our activities and communicate the findings to relevant employees and those who may be affected by those activities;
· Minimise risk to Health from any article or substance (including plant, machinery and equipment);
· Provide and maintain Welfare facilities such as bathroom facilities, drinking water and canteen;
· Provide, where necessary, a competent person to advise and assist in securing the Safety, Health and Welfare of employees;
· Audit the Safety Management System in accordance with the audit procedure on a regular basis;
· Promote continuous improvements by setting targets and objectives;
· Make available information concerning activities that effect Health and Safety to employees, the public and statutory bodies;
· Keep up to date with all relevant Health and Safety legal requirements and to keep a register of all the applicable acts, statutory instruments, standards and guidelines.
· Review and re-issue the Policy on an annual basis.
This policy is part of the IIE Safety Statement and all employees must co-operate with us to ensure we can achieve our targets of avoiding accidents.